Petra Links (1982) worked until January 2016 as Archivist and Team Leader Collections at NIOD Institute for War, Holocaust and Genocide Studies. She was involved in several international archival projects among which the project European Holocaust Research Infrastructure (EHRI). As a researcher for this project she specializes in defining user requirements, research on metadata standards and the implementation and development of a thesaurus in combination with authority files.
Petra also provided consultancy to the Kigali Memorial Centre on the expansion of the Genocide Archive Rwanda, such as undertaken in a feasibility study and the Gacaca Archive Project: Phase One. In 2012 Petra was involved in an exchange training program for collection specialists at Kigali Memorial Centre, Remembrance, Archives and Research in the Aftermath of Mass Violence. And in close cooperation with the University of Zagreb and The Netherlands Helsinki Committee, as an expert-advisor, she was involved in the project ‘, Documenting the past of Croatia’ in 2010, that focused on the development of a database on war crimes.
Petra Links has a master degree in Modern History at Utrecht University and a master degree in Archival Science at the University of Amsterdam. She has a strong interest in archival science and in the application of new technologies in historical research.
Other professional activities:
- 2014-present: Member of the board of the Royal Society of Dutch Archivists (KVAN)
- 2009-present: Member of the organizing committee of the KVAN-dagen - Annual conference organized by the Royal Society of Dutch Archivists
- 2009-2011: Chief editor of the NIOD-websites / Internal communication NIOD
- 2006-2010: Information-/Collection Specialist Acquisition at NIOD
- Petra Links, “Preserving History in Rwanda.” Public History in a Digital World: The Revolution Reconsidered. (Amsterdam: International Federation for Public History, 2014. Conference paper).
- Petra Links: Work for EHRI's Online Portal (05/11/2013)
- Reto Speck and Petra Links, "The Missing Voice: Archivists and Infrastructures for Humanities Research." International Journal of Humanities and Arts Computing. 7.1-2 (Oct. 2013, peer reviewed).
- Reto Speck and Petra Links, “Research infrastructures and archival inter-mediation.” Building infrastructures for archives in a digital world. (Dublin: APEx, 2013. Conference paper).
- Petra Links, ‘Privépapieren in bewaring’, in: Theo Vermeer, Petra links and Justin Klein, ed., Particuliere Archieven. Fundamenten in Beweging (’s-Gravenhage 2013) 31-44.
- Theo Vermeer, Petra links and Justin Klein, ed., Particuliere Archieven. Fundamenten in Beweging (’s-Gravenhage 2013).
- Ivo Zandhuis and Petra Links, Kies voor de Wetenschapper! (Amsterdam: KVAN-dagen, 2013, Conference paper)
- Ivo Zandhuis and Petra Links, ‘Geesteswetenschappen en digital humanities. “Een virtuele onderzoeksruimte die echt aanslaat!’, in: Archievenblad 2 (2013) 10-11.
- Petra Links, Masterscriptie: Privépapieren in bewaring. Een onderzoek naar het hedendaags behoud van particuliere archieven in Nederland (2010)
- Petra Links, Masterscriptie: Geschiedschrijving in naoorlogs Nederland: drie geschiedwerken centraal (2005).
- ‘Wat doet het NIOD in Rwanda? Een vraaggesprek met archivaris Petra Links’, Archievenblad 7 (2014) 22-25.
- ‘Werklunch: Hutu’s en Tutsi’s’, Radio 1 (30 november 2013).
- ‘NIOD leidt groot Holocaustproject’, NOS (13 november 2010).