Marjo Bakker (1971) has a master in Economic and Social History (University of Amsterdam) and in Library and Information Science (Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences)
As subject librarian at NIOD she’s responsible for the library policy in general and library acquisition in particular. Next to the library her focus is on open access. She coordinates the open access activities of the researchers (publications and research data) and is managing editor of the open access journal Fascism. Journal of Comparative Fascist Studies.
Other professional activities:
- 2019- present: Member of the KNVI O&O travelcommision
- 2014-2018: Chairman Department Education and Research (E&R), Koninklijke Nederlandse Vereniging van Informatieprofessionals (KNVI)
- 2012-2013: Boardmember Department Education and Research (E&R), Koninklijke Nederlandse Vereniging van Informatieprofessionals (KNVI)
- 2002-2010: Librarian (head library), National Archive, The Hague.
- 1996-2002: Libarian, Amsterdam University Library.