Puck Huitsing studied history in Amsterdam and Change Management SIOO in Utrecht. She was director Eenheid Oorlogsgetroffenen en Herinnering Tweede Wereldoorlog (Unit War Victims and Remembrance WWII) at the Ministry for Health, Welfare and Sports from 2003 to 2010.
Between 2010 and 2013 Huitsing worked as interim manager (program director) at the Nationaal Archief (Dutch National Archives) and between April 2013 and June 2016 she was Director Collection and Services at the NIOD. Since June 2016 she is Program Director War Collections.
Other professional activities:
- 2012-present: Chairman board of advisory Herinneringscentrum Kamp Westerbork
- 2012-present: Ambassador of the Sobibor Foundation
- 2011-2013: Interim director STAP (Foundation Archive Software)
- 2010-2013: Interim manager Nationaal Archief (Dutch National Archives)
- 2003-2010: Director of Unity victims of war and remembrance World War, Ministry for Health, Welfare and Sport