Frequently Asked Questions
Use of archive and library
- How do I submit a question?
- Are NIOD's services free of charge?
- Who can contact NIOD for information?
- Can NIOD help me with my school project?
- Can I borrow books, newspapers, or journals from the library?
- Can NIOD send me photocopies or scans of documents?
- Are all collections freely accessible?
- Which materials have so far been digitised by NIOD?
- Does NIOD also have videos and films?
- What information does NIOD have about genocides other than the Holocaust?
Searching for persons
World War Two in numbers
Submit a content-related question to NIOD
Is your question not in the Frequently Asked Questions? Then it is possible to submit a written question. You can submit a written question through our contact form or by post:
1040 VE Amsterdam
Please note that not all content-related questions can be answered in writing. You may be invited to conduct your own research in the reading room in order to find an answer to your question, or you may be referred to another institution.
Please note that there may be costs involved in answering a content-related question.
The cost of answering a question
If extensive research is necessary to answer your question, you can have this research carried out by a NIOD staff member. NIOD charges a research fee of €50 per hour for this service.
Prior to the research, you will receive a quotation with an estimate of the research time required. This quotation will remain valid for a fortnight. If the quotation is approved, NIOD aims to send the answer within four weeks. The invoice will be sent after completion of the research.
The research is carried out meticulously by our staff. However, no guarantee can be given that the answers sought are present in our collections.